Check your emails! The deal between Virgin America and Alaska Airlines closed last year and there’s freebies!
Some news was released that you can transfer miles from your ELEVATE account to your Alaska Air mileage plan at a rate of 1:1.3 which is AMAZING!
My measly 1410 miles at elevate turned into 1833 at Alaska which is super beneficial since I have much more on my Alaskan account.
BUT WAIT…THERE’S MORE (buy one today and receive your second one…HAHA, just kidding) Today I received an email stating that you can actually LINK your account with an additional benefit of 10,000 miles or $100 dollars off your next Alaska operated flight!
AT FIRST I was thinking this meant I could only take advantage of the offer if I hadn’t had an Alaska airlines account until I read this…
Considering me being so computer savvy & having to work my way through this I figured i’d send out a blog! Also who’s to say you haven’t checked your email today?! 🙂
THAT BEING SAID…IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ALASKAN ACCOUNT
Here’s the HOW TO on linking them!
- Visit the link Alaska link account page
- Log in to my Mileage Plan account. If you chose to link an existing account, Alaska will automatically deposit the 10,000 miles in your account — you won’t have a chance to opt for the $100 discount.
- Once logged in, my Virgin America Elevate account information populated. I made sure to check the Yes, link my accounts option and then go on to select continue.
- After you click continue you will get a notification of information received & another email stating it was processed. Remember it wont show your 10k miles right away, be patient.
Keep in mind they are BOMBARDED right now and it did take me a couple tries for it to go through!
Don’t give up!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST
I mentioned earlier that the first bit of news was transferring your miles at a 1:1.3 ratio
First head on over to this link
- Once you log in, you’ll be able to select the option of transferring to Mileage Plan.
- You will then need to register both of your accounts before your first transfer.
- Right after completing the transfer, I got an email saying that it was being processed.
I hope this helps you or perhaps informs you of a nice little travel surprise in your email and if you’re not a member of either of these NOW YOU KNOW why the right place at the right time can really pay off!
Happy Traveling and Thanks for reading!