Let’s be real here…. there’s a question mark at the end of this title because everyone is motived by different things! I originally asked you guys to shoot me some questions to answer I got a WOPPING 5 …. 4 of them were about staying motivated….so I figured HEY this will be my first post!
For starters… you need to want to change! Truth is …. making health a priority in your life before someone tells you, you HAVE to make it one is one of the best decisions you will ever make! The idea of fitness for me isn’t all about how I look. A lot of it is how taking care of myself makes me feel! So, aside from feeling amazing and wanting that to never end what are some key factors in keeping you motivated on this health/fitness journey of yours???
- SET GOALS – goals dreams all these things give you something to STRIVE for 😉 …. make goals so big you almost couldn’t imagine reaching them (long term) , but also make realistic (short term) achievable goals to remind you, you are in fact capable of achieving and making progress! For example, if you haven’t exercised in a while, a short-term goal might be to walk 10 minutes a day three days a week. An intermediate goal might be to jog 30 minutes five days a week. A long term goal could be to train and compete in a 5k!
- ENJOY YOURSELF! – Ok I know this one seems kind of CRAZY in your mind… WHAT?! Enjoy myself while I’m KILLING myself?! haha my point is MAKE IT FUN! If you aren’t enjoying your workouts then CHANGE THOSE UP…. maybe you need to make a playlist of all the upbeat songs that make you feel like dancing! Or try changing up your activities check out local bootcamps or yoga classes REMEMBER exercise doesn’t need to be boring even a local dance class can get your blood flowing!
- MAKE IT A ROUTINE, WRITE IT DOWN! – Failure to
planis planning to fail! We’ve all heard it before but this can be applied to so many aspects of your life, but especially in fitness! Weather your goals are to lose weight, gain muscle, sleep better ,break a habit, eat better, or ALL OF THE ABOVE writing down your fitness goals and SEEING the progress or lack of progress down on paper holds you and your conscience accountable therefor making it more likely for you to stay motivated to see those numbers and habits change!
- Be Flexible! -if you’re too busy to work out don’t just give up! Either take a day off without beating yourself up. The important thing is to get back on track as soon as you can. Now that you’ve regained your enthusiasm, get moving! Set your goals, make it fun and pat yourself on the back from time to time. Remember, this is a LIFESTYLE and it’s about CONSISTENCY over a long period of time NOT about PERFECTION over a SHORT period of time! Thanks guys for checking out my first post follow me on Instagram savsmiles123 and STAY TUNED for healthy recipes/at home workouts/Client results and more MOTIVATION!
- LASTLY-REWARD YOURSELF! – Every time you finish a workout take a second to really relish in how good you feel and be proud of the hard work that YOU just put in. These type of subconscious rewards for your self-help you make a long term commitment to you workouts and making yourself feel amazing! Obviously a new pair of Nikes wouldn’t hurt every once in a while either! Mainly DONT KILL YOURSELF this ride is long and like the photo says it isn’t easy, but its SO worth it! 🙂