I thought I was portuguese from the dad I’ve never known & had family in England from my mom that played both roles.
Here is what my DNA told me…
View all of your ancestry, traits, and health reports below to understand what your 23 pairs of chromosomes can tell you.
49% BRITISH & IRISH (HA!!!)
12% FRENCH (WTF?!)
6% SARDINIAN (Theres the tan!)
*a small Italian island off the mediterranean coast?!?!?! Hell yes!
33% NORTHERN EUROPEAN
I’d like to say that this gave me some sense of SELF but…in a way it made me realize that NO TEST will define SAVSMILES, no test can tell me how AMAZING my mother is for being everything I could have asked for in a DUAL ROLE parent, or how I have an ambition bigger than myself…that can’t be measured by genetics & that father that I never met…well, it’s his loss! 🙂
P.S if you’re interested in finding out the HEALTH portion I will be releasing a video on that sometime next week!
FUN (& not so fun) FACTS!!!!!
- I am predisposed to weigh more than average…YUP lol
- but, I have genetics to aquire the muscle composition of an elite athlete (HELL YA!)
- I carry a Cystic Fibrosis variant 😦 !!!!!!!
- I have an MCAD deficiency that causes EXTREME low blood sugar in times of fasting or stress. THIS IS BONKERS to me since i’ve gotten really sick before at the age of 18 and it had a lot to do with blood sugar! Ha!
- I had a great grandma or grandpa that was 100% french that lived in the 1800’s?!
- I am lactose intolerant (knew that, but how funny that it could tell!)
A HUGE THANK YOU TO @ADIDASWOMEN FOR GIFTING ME THE CREATIVE FREEDOM TO MAKE THESE TECH FIT TIGHTS & SPORTS BRA, I FIGURED WHAT BETTER BLOG TO DEBUT IT ON…AN OUTFIT MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR ME WITH DNA THAT IS 100000000% ME! – BOTH MADE WITH LOVE 😉
SMILE | STRIVE |SWEAT |SUCCEED
Disclaimer: Although this amazing outfit and gift of creation was given to me by Adidas this post is NOT sponsored by them OR 23andME
Photography by ROBERT VALENZUELA